Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, December 2, 2016

Playing with More Paper

Hello Stamping Friends!

Today, I have several cards...all for The Paper Players!  I am getting sooooo close to finishing my goal of completing all of the 2016 Paper Player challenges!  (I will finish my write-up after I eat lunch with dear hubby!)

First, the current challenge is a sketch.  I love tilted layers, so this was fun for me.  I made this card on Sunday when the challenge was posted, and mailed it on Monday to my sister-in-law in New Mexico!  She lived in Florida for about 30 years, then moved to a small city outside Albuquerque.  She loves the fact that the higher elevation brings snow.  I thought this cute snowman might make her happy.  The card base is brushed silver.  I used "All is Calm" dsp, including the tiny birthday I placed in the snowman's hand.  The image is from SU's "Snow Much Fun," colored with markers in pear pizzazz, soft sky, pool party, pumpkin pie, and lost lagoon.  The sentiment is from "Happiest Birthday Wishes."  Some lost lagoon satin ribbon is the final touch.  




Next, a thank you card for this theme challenge, featuring the palette from a ColourQ challenge from months ago.  I had saved the blog badge for some reason, so I decided to use it!  My card base is crumb cake, with a layer of poppy parade pattern paper.  On whisper white, I used various images from SU's "Bliss," and layered it over an argyle embossed piece of crumb cake.  The sentiment is from "Because I Care," on a punched oval.  Ruffled ribbon wraps it up.

As I work my way backwards to finish The Paper Players, I have this color challenge which, at the time, inspired a lot of Halloween entries.  For me, a simple floral gives me a versatile card for any friend.  I used this 2-step stamp set from SU, "Field Flowers" plus a greeting from "Hello Again."  The pumpkin pie layer was already embossed with the fancy fan folder; apparently I intended it for a different project.  I also used some basic black pattern paper, added to the wild wasabi base.  Taffeta ribbon is the last detail.  



I rarely make Halloween cards, but I needed to in order to reach my goal!  I purchased this "Frightful Sight" dsp years ago, when I had a habit of ordering a package of every design in the SU catalog.  Yikes!  I actually like many of the patterns that aren't specific to Halloween; the colors are fabulous!  The sentiment is from "Lighthearted" stamped on whisper white in old olive and cajun craze, then outlined in basic gray.  I added a little cat, made with punches, featuring my white gel pen, and olive marker.  I wrapped it all up with bakers twine.  This card will sit in my stash for a long time; hope I remember it next October!  


Finally, a card with a yummy addition:  pieces of a real cinnamon stick!  Cinnamon is my absolutely favorite taste of fall!  I don't have a lot of food stamps, but this little apple from "Tart and Tangy" was perfect for this Clean & Simple challenge.  After making the Halloween card, I decided to use the other half of the basic black card base.  I dry embossed some very vanilla and riding hood red with the houndstooth folder.  Burlap ribbon was added for more texture.  The apple and doodling was done with markers: old olive, early espresso, and riding hood red, all on a pairing of scalloped circles.  The greeting is from "Baroque Motifs."  I also added a couple of enamel dots.


Whew!  Now, I only have 3 past challenges, then the December challenges from the talented ladies at The Paper Players to complete my goal!  Which card do you like the most?  Let me know in the comments!  

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim



7 comments:

  1. Wow, Kim, lots of cute cards in your catchup. Commenting on this week's challenge, I love this snowman set by SU and your little guy certainly is sweet colored in greens and blues. Thanks for sharing with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your gallery of cards is amazing, even more so that you've made it a goal to play along with all our challenges! Yikes, I love every one of them, hard to pick a favorite. Maybe the one for PP316 since I love florals! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, your cards are just fabulous! I am so excited that you play along with us at The Paper Players! WOW! Congratulations on your goal being completed! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these are amazing! LOVE the snowman, but I think the cinnamon sticks sent me over the top! Good for you, participating in all these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! So many beauties to look at here in this blog post (and at least one of them I already saw in the SCS gallery). Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful group of cards. You give us so much inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, Kim! Looks like you have been very busy!

    ReplyDelete